Thursday 13 May 2010

And the winner is...

After an enjoyable eve at the Bucks New Uni's first Union Awards held at Adams Park, home to the London Wasps and High Wycombe FC. The free buffet was alrite, kinda like a random snacks table, did the job though. So after several other awards announcements the tension was rising, not quite sweaty palms tho, I had convinced myself I wouldnt win Community Voluteer Award 2010. As they named the other nominees we waited, it wasnt long before they announced the winner but it felt like a longcat, heart rate quickens, a quick prayer and BOOM! Lee Baker rung out over the speakers! i looked across the room to the SNOWSOC crew, who also won 2 out of the 3 awards they were nomiated for! Well done guys! So I stand up and prepare to collect the award on stage and faced with an unrehersed speech. Done, then a few snaps taken. Then sat down by my table, kind of ashamed to say it, a bit smug ;) I do feel that others deserved it more in my group than me but I hope the award was for all the other things I have been doin through the uni... Anyways enough rambling thanks for takin the time to read it!
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment